If you want colour on your plate, this recipe is perfect: roasted sweet potatoe stuffed with mushrooms, topped with spinach pesto and accompanied by parsnip chips.
Ingredients (4 people):
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 100 g. goat cheese (hard)
- 100 g. fresh spinach
- 4 spoons pine nuts
- 4 spoons olive oil
- pepper & salt
- 1/2 kg mushrooms
- 4 parsnips
- (optional) herbs: paprika, turmeric, coriander seeds
Preparing time: 1 hr
How to prepare:
- Wash the sweet potatoes (don’t peel them) and make small cuts in them with a knife.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and put them for 45 minutes in a 180°C oven.
- Peel the parsnips and use the peeler to make small pieces of parsnip.
- Put these pieces in the oven, sprinkled with olive oil and with the (optional) herbs for half an hour.
- Put all the pesto ingredients together and mix them until you become a smooth texture (you can add some water if necessary). Don’t forget to roast the pine nuts first.
- Cut the mushrooms in parts and bake them in olive oil until they are ready to eat.
- Cut the potatoes open and stuff them with the mushrooms, cover the mushrooms with the pesto and put the parsnip chips next to the happy potatoe.