On Monday, I started a new job. All those new impressions make me very tired, but don’t worry, the job is very nice, so it gives me lots of energy as well. Healthy food is very important to keep strong, so I stay busy with healthy cooking.
Two of my friends have exams on this moment. We decided to take diner break together. I did groceries and together we cooked an easy, fast and healthy comfort dinner plate: fennel mashed potatoes, combined with pears stuffed with goat cheese and topped with walnuts.
This gluten- and soyfree vegetarian (GF/SF/VG) meal made us happy, so I want to share the recipe with you.Ingredients (for 3 people):
- 15 potatoes
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 cup of rice drink (with coconut taste? e.g. brand LIMA)
- pepper & salt
- olive oil
- 3 pears
- 120 g. of soft goat cheese
- 90 g. walnuts
Preparing time: 30 min.
How to prepare:
- Peel the pears, cut them in two and eliminate the hearts.
- Fill up the pear halves with the goat cheese and add pepper & salt.
- Put the stuffed pears in a 180°C hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in four and let them cook until they are soft.
- Cut the fennel bulbs and cook the pieces until they are soft.
- Mix the potatoes together with the rice milk, a bit of olive oil, pepper & salt.
- Add the fennel pieces to the mashed potatoes.
- Serve the fennel mashed potatoes with the stuffed pears and add walnuts as a “finishing touch”.